What is the refund and cancellation policy for CE courses?
- A full refund for tuition will be issued only if you notify the Bodyworks DW Continuing Education Department at least 14 business days prior to the start of class. You can email email@example.com to request a refund.
- While we make every effort to provide quality classes and instructors, we cannot guarantee satisfaction with every class offered. No Refunds will be made for classes already taken. We do, however, invite your honest appraisal of our classes and teachers; an evaluation form is handed out at the end of every class for this purpose, or you can fill out an online evaluation.
- If you can’t attend class and notify us within 7 days prior to the start of the class, we will issue your refund as credit towards taking a future CEU class. Any cancellations that occur with less than 7 days notice will not be eligible for either a refund or credit.
- In cases of sudden illness that prevents you from canceling with sufficient notice, an account credit will be issued for use towards a future course at our studio.
What happens if I’m late to class?
- In order to receive CE credit you must attend the entire duration of the class. Students who are late can still be admitted to the class, but won’t be included in the roster sent to the NCBTMB for credit.
What do I need to bring to class?
- Please bring your preferred way to take notes (pen/paper, tablet, etc), Bodyworks DW will provide all other supplies including massage tables, oil, and linens.
- All live classes include hands-on practice time so bring or wear clothes that are appropriate to work in.
How is the day structured?
- For specific information about each course see the individual course descriptions.
- In general, classes begin at 11am, have an hour break for lunch at 2pm, and end at 6pm
- In general, the first day of a 2-day course is used to go over the slides, take notes, and work on assessment skills. Day 2 is typically more focused on hands-on practical work. Some courses do have hands-on practical work on Day 1, see individual course descriptions for more detailed information.
- In general, 1-day courses are a mix of slides, note taking, and practical work.
What is the NCBTMB?
- David Weintraub is approved to teach continuing education in New York state by the NCBTMB (National Certification Board for Therapeutic Massage and Bodywork).
- NCBTMB courses provide continuing education credits for most states in the U.S. If you are licensed in a state outside of New York, please check your own licensure requirements for continuing education to confirm that your state accepts NCBTMB approved courses for credit.
How and when will I receive my certificate?
- At the end of class, you will be asked to fill out a digital form that includes your name, contact information, and NYS license number. After that, the class roster will be sent to the NCBTMB to notify the state of your completion of the course.
- Certificates will be emailed to you directly from the NCBTMB and turn around times can take up to 6-8 weeks. Please be sure to fill out the attendance form with accurate information in order to receive your certificate.
I’m attending a live class. What do I need to know?
- In person live classes meet in our classroom space located at 336 west 37th street suite 710, NY NY
- Course slides will be emailed 4 days prior to class for those who would like to print them out at home. Having printed slides isn’t necessary for the course, but some students prefer to take notes directly on the slides.
- Please arrive 10-15 minutes early for class. In order to receive CE credit you must attend the entirety of the course.
- Please do not congregate or speak loudly in our client waiting area. Our classroom space is located inside our Midtown studio where our staff will be working with clients.
- Linens, oil, and massage tables will be provided. Please bring your preferred way to take notes (notebook/pen, tablet, etc)
- A sign with bathroom codes can be found on the coffee table in the waiting area. Women’s bathroom is across the hall and Men’s is located further down the hall.
- Help yourself to the water cooler in our waiting area- it has both hot and cold water. There is a selection of tea on the counter available for all students.
- Class will break for lunch around 2pm. There are several restaurants in the area (see a short list at the bottom of this email) that are perfect for a quick lunch. You are also free to pack a lunch and eat in the classroom or on the building’s roof deck.
I’m attending a webinar. What do I need to know?
- All webinar CEU courses are held over a platform called Riverside.FM. A reminder email with a link to attend will be emailed one day prior to class.
- Access to video of the webinar for post class study and review will be provided within a week after class via email.
- Taking screenshots, photos or videos of the class is not permitted without express written permission from Bodyworks DW.
- The guest client for each instance of this class will be different and the class will therefore present different techniques and ideas each time. Video of the class may be used by Bodyworks DW staff for promotions or future on-demand coursework.
- The class can be taken multiple times with an additional 2 hours of CEU credits awarded for each instance.